Elliptical trainer and treadmill are two of the most useful piece of equipment in gyms and at home. Both deliver effective cardiovascular exercises that can help you burn calories and keep your heart healthy. They are designed for weight loss, muscle toning and body strengthening. Athletes, runners and fitness enthusiasts are using these machines to stay fit and active. However, there are certain differences in these two machines that you need to know in order to find out which can best benefit you. So in this article, we share some of the information about elliptical and treadmill hoping it will help you make the right purchase for your home gym.
It's no secret that elliptical trainers provide a total body workout by exercising both your upper and lower body which means an elliptical workout targets more muscles compare when you run, jog or walk on a treadmill. Some of these muscles are glutes, hamstrings, chest, triceps, biceps, quads, calves, back, core muscles and the heart. On the other hand, a treadmill works your lower body muscles that include thighs, quads, hamstrings, calves, shins and abdominals.
- Delivers a low-impact cardio workout that is easy on joints
- Has built-in workout programs to vary everyday training
- Some models with movable handles provide full body workout
- Does not require periodic maintenance
- Some models allow backward pedaling that recruits different leg muscles
- Adjustable incline and resistance to vary the workout intensity
- Mimics outdoor running in a smoother and safer way
- Options to choose your workout pace - Walk, Jog or Run
- It engages abdominal muscles, therefore, helps in building the killer abs
- Needs more space but lesser than what an elliptical requires
- Offers speed and incline adjustability for all fitness levels
- Very straightforward and easy to operate.
- Offer only minimal weight bearing benefits
- Requires more space
- Potentially expensive
- Ellipticals with short stride can’t accommodate a wide range of users
- Repeating the same treadmill routine every day is boring
- Does not targets several muscles
- It can be very expensive
- Requires regular maintenance
- Needs ample space but some models are now foldable
Top Elliptical Trainer
If you are looking for a high-quality elliptical trainer with a reasonable market price, check out ProForm Endurance 520 E Elliptical. Prices may vary in local and online stores though. It features the iFit Coach Ready with a workout library that contains a qualitative range of exercises you can perform tailored to your fitness goals.
ProForm Endurance 520 E Elliptical has adjustable 0-20 degree incline ramp that lets you experience a realistic mountain hiking and 18 levels of resistance to increase workout intensity. You can also choose from its pre-programmed 18 workouts to continually challenge yourself and increase interest in the routine.
Proform Pro 1000 Treadmill is one of the top rated and decent treadmills you can find in the market today. Take advantage of its 0-12% quick incline and 12 mph maximum speed to adjust your workout intensity according to your goal and capacity. It has 22 preset workouts you can try to alleviate a boring workout or just play your favorite songs on by using its auxiliary port and nice sound system. Proform Pro 1000 Treadmill has a roomy and comfortable deck area, perfect to train for your upcoming marathon.
Elliptical or Treadmill? Your choice actually depends on your goal. So make sure to set a goal and determine which of these two machines work best for attaining it. Hope this article assist you in purchasing your home gym equipment.