Whether you have recently purchased a fitness bike for home use or started a membership in a gym near you, sure you are in the search of the best workout plan for beginners. The recumbent is another type of fitness bike aside from the upright and it’s the best choice of cardio equipment if you haven’t been working out lately and wish to keep up.
Recumbent fitness bikes are useful for rehabilitation by those who had recent knee, ankle or foot injury. They are also ideal for people with back pain or suffering from lumbar spinal stenosis. This is just the tip of an iceberg! Read on if you want to discover why this piece of equipment should be part of your home gym.
Why Choose Recumbent Fitness Bike
If you are wondering why some people chose recumbent bikes over the upright one, here are a few of the reasons.
- It is a great fat burning machine effective for weight loss
- It is designed with lower center gravity which makes it safe for people with balance problems
- It has back support ensuring you stay comfortable
- It has adjustable seat to ensure you are in the right workout position
- It is ideal for elderly people who want to stay fit
- It allows you to engage your upper body by using weights while pedaling
Top-Rated Recumbent Bike
Are you in the hunt for a cutting-edge recumbent bike for home use? Proform 440 ES Recumbent Exercise Bike is the smartest option you have. It boasts 25 levels of resistance that is smooth and super quiet. It also has an adjustable seat and foot pedals for optimum comfort and to accommodate different users. Never worry about adjusting the resistance when you take advantage of its 32 workout program at your fingertips. Proform 440 ES Recumbent Exercise Bike is a perfect cardio machine not just for you but for the entire family.
20-Minute Recumbent Bike HIIT for Beginners
Ready for your first interval workout using a recumbent fitness bike? Below is a workout plan by Exercise Indoor designed for all the newbies out there who want to give interval training a try. Make sure you use a recumbent bike that has a generous level of resistance ideally 15-25 like the Proform 440 ES Recumbent Exercise Bike in order to perform this routine. Don’t forget to do a 5-minute cool down at the end of this exercise. Enjoy!
As a beginner, it is always safe to start slowly and gradually add intensity when you are used to the routine. This HIIT workout plan is designed for everyone’s use, however, feel free to modify it according to your skills.
Here are some tips to nail your first HIIT workout using a recumbent fitness bike.
- Talk to your physician before starting a new workout program.
- Always remember to do some stretching before you ride on the bike.
- Do 5 minute warm up on the bike at an easy pace and gradually increase speed.
- Wear the right fitness clothes and prepare a bottle of water to stay hydrated.
- Adjust your seat accordingly and make sure your knees bend on each spin.
- Pedal faster to increase speed and adjust the resistance to vary the workout intensity.
- Do interval training for a productive workout completed in lesser hours.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week for overall cardio health benefits.